Building Positive Relationships
Jamison High School was one of the early adoptees of the Positive Behaviour Learning program.
PBL is an evidence-based whole school systems approach that:
- Addresses the diverse academic and social needs of every student to support them to be successful
- Supports students in early childhood settings through to senior years of schooling
- Enables schools to establish a continuum of supports that are intensified to meet the needs of every student
- Is team driven, using a problem solving approach (data, systems and practices) that engages students, parents and all school staff
- Establishes positive social expectations for all in the school community
- Provides a framework for the school and its community to collectively support the wellbeing of every student.
The benefits the school has seen since implementing this program have included:
- Students respond positively as they have been taught what is expected of them
- Staff deliver consistent responses to student learning and behaviour
- Students feel safe and cared for at school. Their parents, family and community are more involved in their school
- Unproductive and challenging behaviour has been significantly reduced.