Jamison High School’s Library is where information, technology, curriculum, resources and inquiry based learning connect with multiple client groups to create lifelong learners in a dynamic twenty first century environment.
Search our Library resources through the online catalogue via your DET portal using the icon.
For more specific subject information visit our website: Jamison High School Online Library
Library Services and Facilities:
- Senior Reference section and study area
- Green Room: Meeting and small group area
- Interactive Enquiry Based Learning Area
- Interactive White Board and classroom area
- Diverse range of Picture, Premier Reading Challenge and current teen fiction books.
- Subscriptions to a range of educational and recreational popular magazines e.g. Dolly, Choice, PC User and Mad to name a few.
- 24 networked computers and black and white printer for student use.
Recess and Lunch time activities:
- Card and Board Games
- Chess Tournaments
- Movies- you may bring G rated and PG rated movies only
- Sketching and colouring table available
- (BYOD) Bring Your Own Device for gaming e.g. iPod, iPad, DS, tablet.
- Please note: Students are not to phone, text, video or photograph using these devices.
Students are encouraged to join the NSW State Library:
It’s quick, easy and FREE. Just follow this link and you will be able to access the best online resources.
Do you want or need a personal tutor for Maths, Science or History?
Then visit The Khan Academy – which has over 5000 tutorials about High School subjects.
Premier’s Reading Challenge
Students in years 7 to 9 are encouraged to complete the Premier’s Reading Challenge. It is a Library initiative run in conjunction with Year 7 English classes. Students in Years 8 and 9 can join the Challenge by reading independently. In 2015 a record number of students completed the Challenge and a record number of students were awarded medallions for taking part in the challenge every year since Kindergarten. Students and their parents were invited to a Premier’s Reading Challenge Celebration Morning Tea. Their awards were presented at this event by the Principal, Deputy Principal and Teacher Librarians.